Make Raw Sauerkraut
Raw Sauerkraut is Naturally Gluten Free & an Extremely Delicious and Nourishing Food. Making a Small Batch of Sauerkraut is Easy Fun & Delicious.
Sauerkraut is a Holistic and Delicious way to Add to Almost Any Savoury Meal.
Eternal Delight's Sauerkraut Recipe is Easy to Follow and Makes.
Ingredients - 1 Big Green or Purple Cabbage Head, Very Finely Shredded. 1 Tablespoon Salt
ED-I - Reserve the Outer Leaves of Cabbage to Cover the Shredded Cabbage During Fermentation.
1. Put the Shredded Cabbage into a Large Bowl, add 1 Tablespoon of Salt and Gently Massage it into the Cabbage until the Liquid Starts to Release.
2. Let the Cabbage Rest for 10 Minutes and Massage it Again. Repeat as often as Necessary until the Cabbage is Very Juicy.
3. Pack the Mixture Firmly into a Large Jar, Crock or Bowl. Press the Cabbage Down Firmly until the Liquid Rises Above it about half a cm. Place the Reserved Leaves over the Top, Allowing them to Extend Partially up the Side of the Crock or Jar.
4. Cover and Place a Clean Bio Degradable Paper Towel on Top of Jar and Hold Paper Towel Around the Jars Neck with a Clean Rubber Band. If You are using a Large Jar for Your Kraut, Put a Plate and Weight on Top of the Cabbage, Then Cover with a Clean Dish Towel.
5. Allow the Kraut to Ferment in a Cool, Dark and Dry Place for at least 7 Days and up to 14 Days, Depending on Your Desired Degree of Flavour and Sourness. You can see right away how the Fermentation Process Starts!
6. Once the Kraut is Ready, Store in Sealed Jars in the Refrigerator for up to 6 Months.